Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Fruit Salad and Quick Breakfast Tacos

I got some beautiful blackberries at Sams, but they were so tart! So I made a fruit salad to sweeten them up a bit.

Fruit Salad (I can't see those words without thinking about the Wiggles.  The Blue Wiggle is my favorite. Yep, I have a favorite.)

fruit
Greek yogurt
lemon juice
honey

I used 1/2 cup of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of honey, and the juice of half a lemon.  I poured the "dressing" over the strawberries, blackberries, and pineapple.  Excellent.





Breakfast Tacos
When I want to get all complicated with breakfast burritos, I make them like Pioneer Woman.  But on a Sunday night when I have a mountain of laundry, hungry kids, and a bit of a headache, this is how I do it.  It's always a winner, and using only a little bacon it makes them slightly more healthy.  These proportions make 7 tacos in our house.

3 slices of bacon
10 eggs, sometimes I use half whites and half whole eggs
grated cheddar cheese
tortillas

Cut up the bacon (I like to use scissors for this) and cook in a nonstick pan until crispy.  Remove bacon and drain most of the oil from the pan, and scramble the eggs until done.  Toss in a handful of cheese, stir it up.  Serve eggs on warm tortillas and sprinkle with a little bacon.