Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Wedge Salad

The wedge is a salad that people ate in the '70s (so I'm told, I'm way too young to remember) that's trendy again.  And it should be.  I don't know why iceberg lettuce ever went out of style.  It's so crunchy.  I love it.  I think the salad should technically have lots of blue cheese and way more dressing to qualify as a wedge salad.  But this amount was plenty delicious! Add a quick turkey and cheese panini and you've got a meal!

Remember the homemade ranch dressing?  Just drizzle it over a wedge of iceberg lettuce, add a little crumbled blue cheese, and some crispy bacon.

Do you have a panini press?  I have this one (even though I wish I had the one from Williams Sonoma) and it's my favorite small appliance.  Mine is currently in need of a repair, so I just put the sandwich down in the skillet and put a heavy pot on top to press the sandwich flat. The sandwich wasn't as good as it would have been in the panini press, but it was still good and crispy on the outside.