Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin

This is another recipe I learned from Barefoot Contessa.  Sure, she's annoying with her "good" olive oil and her Hamptons bridge parties, but her recipes are simple and usually really good.  I simplified the recipe I typically use because I was short on time and didn't have any fresh herbs (it's winter around here, you know).

Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large oven-proof saute pan* over high heat. Sear the pork tenderloins on one side until golden brown. Flip them and then place the saute pan in the oven and roast tenderloins for 10 to 15 minutes or until the meat registers 137 degrees F at the thickest part. You NEED a meat thermometer to cook them perfectly!

Cover tenderloins tightly with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Carve in 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices. The thickest part of the tenderloin will be quite pink (it's just fine!) and the thinnest part will be well done. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.

We ate the tenderloin with steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes (I like mine served with just salt, no butter, no sugar). 

*I don't have a pan big enough for the pork tenderloin. so I seared it on the stove top griddle and transferred it to a hot cookie sheet to roast in the oven.