Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quick Bread Recipe

I made purple hull peas for dinner again tonight, since I surprisingly found some fresh ones at my Walmart Market today.  I realized I was out of cornmeal at the last minute, so I couldn't make cornbread.  And what's a good southern dish like purple hull peas without cornbread?  Then I remembered an old recipe I have for Beer Bread.  This bread is so quick to put together, and so delicious, that it doesn't even bother me that it takes an hour to bake. I completely do not understand the science behind why pouring beer into flour makes bread, but it does!


Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour
3 tablespoons sugar
12 oz beer

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix ingredients and pour into greased loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes.  Butter top of bread and bake 30 additional minutes. Butter top again.