Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

I get asked all the time if I ever make anything that isn't any good.  Well, I typically just don't blog about that stuff (clever, right?). Really, I usually know what I like and I don't try difficult or weird recipes, unless they are given to me by a friend. 

But tonight, I made this chicken, because I saw it on Pinterest and it peaked my interest.  It seemed too good to be true in how easy it is.  Throw frozen chicken and some other stuff in the crock pot and that's it??  It was, in fact, really easy.  But I'll have to say it wasn't that good.  I mean, it was ok, and the kids really liked it.  But, I wouldn't make it again, though, at least this way.  It wasn't very flavorful, even after I added a bunch of spices, and it was kind of soup-y.  I still like the idea of adding frozen chicken breasts to a crockpot....I'm going to give it some more thought.  Maybe replace the rotel with salsa and omit the corn...

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken

5 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 oz package of lowfat cream cheese
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Rotel (tomatoes and green chilies)
1 small bag of frozen corn
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Just dump it all in the crock pot and set it to low.  Cook for 8 hours.  At the end, turn the crock pot up to high and leave the lid off for a bit to let some of the liquid evaporate.  I served the chicken with tortillas, shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, and fresh lime.