Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Parmesan Roasted Broccoli

Did you know that my kids love broccoli?  They are weird, I know.  I cannot stand it, myself, but they eat just regular frozen broccoli, steamed in the microwave, with a little salt.  Yuck.  But THIS broccoli recipe has made a broccoli lover out of me! Excellent.  This guy says it's the best broccoli of your life, and he's not exaggerating.   We also had baked chicken and roasted potatoes, but the broccoli stole the show!


Parmesan Roasted Broccoli

2 large heads of broccoli, cut into florets
4 garlic cloves, sliced
olive oil
salt and pepper
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
juice of half a lemon
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Place broccoli florets on a sheet pan, and drizzle generously with olive oil.  Toss in the garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast at 450 for 20 minutes, or until browned. 
Remove broccoli from oven, and add lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and extra salt and pepper to taste.