Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Shopping List

It's been a long 2 days off of school for the snow around here, so we decided to go out to dinner last night at a local restaurant called Burger Life.  Besides our fave Mexican place in town, Burger Life is where the kiddos always want to go.  There are two reasons:  sweet potato fries and bar height tables and chairs. 






Shopping List
As a rule, I go to the grocery store alone.  My shopping list is vague; I have to think about what I want to buy, look at labels, and compare prices and that's pretty difficult with children in tow (but you knew that already!).

I typically don't bother to write these weekly staples on my list.  Since I always shop at the same store, I kind of have a routine, and I just know that as a family of 5, we need these things every week.  So I only have to put the extra things we need for the week on my list.  That's just how I do it.  And I'm fast.  Going to Wal Mart is my least favorite chore, so I try to get it over with as fast as possible, and I try really hard to be organized so I don't forget anything and have to go back.  

I make the menu for the week, but I choose which meats and vegetables we'll have while I'm at the store based on what's in season and what is on sale.   Having these weekly staples allow me more flexibility to change what we're having when it comes to dinner.

Here's what I have to get every week
lemons and limes
garlic
onion
potatoes or sweet potatoes
2 veggies
bag of salad greens
bag of spinach
apples
bananas
carrots
milk
cheese
plain Greek yogurt
yogurt for kids
eggs

Oh, and Diet Coke.  Can't forget the Diet Coke!