Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lemon and Garlic Roasted Cauliflower

We had roast chicken again with potatoes, but I roasted 2 chickens at the same time for leftovers later in the week, thanks to a suggestion by my brilliant friend.  Why have I never thought of that??  Anyway, since my 3 children always fight over the legs, having 2 chickens worked out much better!

This Lemon and Garlic Roasted Cauliflower is one of my all time favorite foods. I used to look at cauliflower as something cheap to round out a veggie tray, but then I roasted it....

After washing and drying the cauliflower, cut it into small pieces.  You can spend time separating each floret to make it beautiful, or you can just chop it up into similar sized pieces (like I did).

Add 2-3 cloves of minced garlic, squeeze half a lemon on top, drizzle with olive oil to coat, and toss it all together.

Cook at 450 for 20-25 minutes.  When it comes out of the oven, squeeze the other half of the lemon over the cauliflower.  See how it gets really brown and crispy on the edges?  So good.  If it were summer, I would have tossed in some chives at the end for a little color and flavor.  But it's the middle of winter; nothing outside is green and nothing on my plate is green, either.