Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Homemade Frozen Yogurt with Hot Fudge Sauce

My name is Amy, and I'm an addict.  A fro yo addict.  My favorite shop is downtown and you have to pay to park; it's the only thing keeping me from going every evening.  Thanks, city of Fayetteville, for keeping my weight under 200 pounds!

I ALWAYS get original tart flavor with a little chocolate syrup and walnuts.  And now, I've made it at home. This is dangerous. If you make this and try a different flavor, let me know!  I like the plain vanilla, but others in my fam prefer the flavors.

Homemade Frozen Yogurt
3 cups plain Greek yogurt (either whole-milk or 2%, NOT nonfat..I tried it, it won't work)
3/4 cup  sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

 Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Freeze in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.

And because I NEEDED chocolate sauce, I made a quick hot fudge sauce:

Hot Fudge Sauce
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

In a microwave safe measuring cup, heat cream to almost boiling, about 60 seconds. Pour over chocolate chips and vanilla. Allow to rest for 35 seconds, or long enough for the chips to start melting. Whisk until chocolate is smooth and glossy.
Save leftover in fridge, and just microwave for a few seconds to reheat.