This peach pie was magnificent. I didn't use a recipe because it's so simple I didn't need one. And I kind of like how it's not perfect (not that I could have possibly made it perfect anyway); it looks homemade. Don't forget the ice cream!
6-8 large peaches, peeled and sliced (may need more or less depending on the size of the peaches)
1 stick butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon flour
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 egg plus 1 teaspoon water
1. Peel peaches. Bring a pot of water to a boil. With a small knife, score a small X at the bottom of each peach. Put the peaches into the boiling water, let them go for 30 seconds to a minute, and remove with a slotted spoon. Place peaches into cold water (or just running cold water) and skins will just slip off.
2. Prepare crusts. Place first crust into bottom of pie plate. Cut second crust into strips.
3. Cook filling. Melt butter and sugar in medium saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add sliced peaches, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes, or until the sauce thickens a bit. You can cook the peaches longer if you like them mushy. I like the peaches a little bit firm in the pie.
3. Assemble pie. Pour peach filling into first crust. Arrange the second crust strips into a lattice design. Flute edges, brush crust with heavy cream or egg wash, sprinkle with sugar.
4. Bake pie. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes, or until crust is golden. If the edges of the crust start to burn, cover the edges with foil. You have to cool the pie before you cut it.