Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Chicken Taco Salad with Cilantro Lime Sour Cream

Who doesn't love a taco salad?  Even a bad taco salad (e.g. Taco Bell) is still pretty good, in my opinion.  I set out to make a fresher, healthier, more tasty one for dinner tonight, and I think I succeeded.  And I love how colorful it is!

For 4 salads:
1 rotisserie chicken (I only used the white meat)
salad greens
2 avocados
4 small tomatoes
2 ears of fresh corn
fresh salsa from deli case (my new Walmart Neighborhood Market has a fresh salsa in the deli case that is pretty good)
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack
tortilla chips
salt and pepper
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream (recipe follows)

Before assembling the salad, prep all the ingredients.  Shred the chicken from the rotisserie chicken.  Cut up avocado and spritz with lime juice if you're not using it immediately to keep it from browning.  Cut corn off the ears and microwave for just one minute to cook it.  Cut up tomatoes. Shred cheese. Assemble salad to your tastes, salt and pepper the whole thing, then top with the Cilantro Lime Sour Cream. 


Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
1/2 cup light sour cream
juice of one whole lime
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
salt and pepper

Mix well. And that's it.