Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chili Lime Broiled Salmon with Avocado Corn Salad

I found my broiler pan the other day when I was cleaning out my cabinets and realized I didn't even know how to use it.  And wow, why did I wait so long to figure it out?  Talk about an easy way to cook fish.  And FAST!



Chili Lime Broiled Salmon
Drizzle both sides of thawed salmon fillets with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and juice from half of a fresh lime.  Broil on the broiler pan for 5 minutes.  Flip the salmon and broil for 5 more minutes.  When it comes out of the oven, squeeze the other half of the lime over the fillets.

Avocado Corn Salad
 4 ears fresh corn
2 ripe avocados
1/2 orange bell pepper
1/4 chopped cilantro
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper

Cut the corn off the ears using a serrated knife.  Steam the corn in a glass bowl covered with plastic wrap in the microwave for 5 minutes.  You want the corn to remain slightly crunchy,  Combine the avocado, corn, orange bell pepper, cilantro and stir.  Add the lime juice (add more if the lime isn't very juicy) and salt and pepper.