Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I'm not sure why I thought my kids would eat this fabulous pizza....I guess I was just hoping.  I had to pick off the onions and cilantro,  but they did eat it after a little fussing about the "green stuff" and a promise of dessert.  I should have made a special one for them.  Anyway, it was awesome.  And fast. Perfect for an evening of perfect weather and playing outside! 


BBQ Chicken Pizza (inspired by PW)

Homemade or store bought pizza crust (I used a thin one from my Walmart bakery)
Rotisserie chicken, white meat diced
1/2 cup barbeque sauce (I like the sauce from Rendevous in Memphis)
Fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced
1/2 whole red onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
chopped cilantro, to taste


Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Spoon a couple of tablespoons of BBQ sauce on the crust and spread it evenly. Top sauce with half the sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle on half the diced chicken and thinly sliced red onion.
Sprinkle with a little salt, about a tablespoon more of BBQ sauce, and then bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle on plenty of chopped cilantro. Cut into squares and serve immediately. Repeat with another other crust and other ingredients, or save for another time.