Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pomegranate and Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds

I ran across a package of pomegranate arils (those seeds inside a pomegranate) at my Walmart Neighborhood Market yesterday and I knew a big salad was in order! It was a perfect, quick dinner because all I had to do was throw it together.

The kids ate the chicken and some spinach, but didn't care for the pomegranates.  I think they are a little too tart for them.  But I love those things! And the creamy goat cheese goes perfectly with the tartness of the pomegranate.

Pomegranate and Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese and Almonds
arugula and baby spinach
rotisserie chicken
pomegranate arils
goat cheese
slivered almonds
Champagne vinaigrette
2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon honey
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mix ingredients in a lidded jar and pour over salad and toss.