Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Leftovers Frittata with Bacon

I had such a fun morning making boxed lunches for the NWA Bloggers Meetup today (I'll talk about that later this week),  but I didn't really think ahead to dinner...oops.  Leftover time!!

I love frittatas because you can really add most any meat, vegetables, and cheese you have to some eggs and call it dinner.  Tonight, it was bacon, fresh tomatoes, green onions, orange peppers, and mozzarella cheese.  We also had an arugula salad with my favorite honey vinaigrette, goat cheese, and almonds.

Leftovers Frittata with Bacon

Preheat broiler to high.

Using a nonstick skillet, brown 3 slices of bacon, chopped (I like to use kitchen scissors to "chop" bacon). 

Drain excess fat if there is more than a couple of teaspoons after the bacon is cooked. Add whatever raw veggies you are using (I used fresh tomatoes, green onions, and orange peppers) and cook until soft. 

Meanwhile, whisk 2 eggs per person (I use one whole egg and one egg white per person) with a little milk, and salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan with bacon and vegetables and stir.  Cook for 4-5 minutes until the egg mixture has set on the bottom and begins to set on top. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.

Place pan under the broiler for a few minutes until lightly browned and fluffy. Watch it closely!
Serve by cutting like a pie and with a salad.