Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Steamed Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette

Tonight for dinner, we had Lemon Thyme Tilapia (sprinkle fresh thyme at the end), Roasted Sweet Potato Fries (recipe later this week), and Steamed Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette.  I don't know about you, but when I eat a healthy dinner, I feel so much better for the rest of the evening! 

A friend of mine facebooked something I've been thinking about all day:  "If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. So last night I did something different. Instead of having a piece of cake for dessert, I took the dog for a 25 minute walk! This morning, I'm getting on the treadmill."  It's kind of profound and really applies to living a healthy lifestyle.

Steamed Asparagus with Lemon Vinaigrette

This is hardly even a recipe.  Steam asparagus in an inch of water in a saucepan for one minute.  Drain asparagus.  Make vinaigrette using lemon juice, dijon mustard, olive oil, and salt and pepper.  Pour it over the hot asparagus and serve.  I sprinkled it with a little Fluer de Sel at the end.  That stuff is totally worth paying $14 for a jar of salt.