Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Spicy Salmon with Avocado Salsa

A friend of mine told me today that her New Year's resolution was to eat fish once a week.  I think that's a great one, and I'm going to give it a shot myself!  It's going to be hard in my house because the kids hate fish....maybe I'll try telling them it's chicken....Either way, I love a healthy recipe that takes 10 minutes to cook, so it's worth a shot.

Spicy Salmon with Avocado Salsa


Spicy Salmon

Drizzle both sides of thawed salmon fillets with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning (I like Tony's).  Broil on the broiler pan for 5 minutes.  Flip the salmon and broil for 5 more minutes.

Avocado Salsa
1 ripe avocado
1 cup cherry tomatoes
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro
juice of half a lime
salt to taste

Chop avocado and tomatoes into bite sized pieces.  Add green onion, cilantro, and lime juice.  Taste salsa and then add salt to your taste.  Serve on top of the Spicy Salmon.