Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

To me, the benefit of using the slow cooker is when you can dump stuff in and then eat it in 8 hours. Anytime a recipe requires me chop, cook on the stove, and then transfer to the slow cooker, I'm just not interested.  Are you with me?
These Chicken Tacos are perfect for the slow cooker as far as I'm concerned.  You could really pile on the toppings, but I'm watching calories these days (aren't you?) so I stuck with cilantro, lime juice, and a little cheese.

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
16 oz jar salsa
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker.  Don't forget the slow cooker liner for easy clean up! Set on low for 6-8 hours.  When cooked, shred chicken and serve with tortillas, shredded cheese, cilantro, and fresh limes.